A drill combo kit is a great way to get two of the most useful tools you will ever own, along with batteries and everything else you need to hit the ground running. The impact driver and drill can be used for both big projects such as building a deck or remodeling your kitchen and also for smaller tasks such as installing light fixtures or assembling new furniture around your house. These days, most cordless drills run on Lithium-Ion batteries and these are able to deliver enhanced power and extended run times. The market is filled with various different kits, but I have narrowed down this list to the best three drill combo kits that are currently available from Makita, Milwaukee and Dewalt.
Features of the Makita drill combo kit:
-Makita has the world’s most extensive 18V cordless tool line-up and Makita XT269M 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 2-Pc. Combo Kit comes with two cordless tools for driving, drilling and fastening applications. The ½-inch hammer driver-drill with BL motor is able to deliver 530 in. lbs. of maximum torque.
-The variable speed impact driver in this Makita drill set is able to deliver 1,500 in. lbs. of maximum torque.
-The efficient BL Brushless motor optimizes the battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge compared to other drill combo kits.
Star Protection Technology
-Makita created the Star Protection Technology for enhanced tool performance and extended battery life. Star Protection is a communication technology that allows the tool and battery to exchange data in real-time and monitor conditions during use. This technology protects the Makita drill set against overloading, over-discharging, and overheating as well.
• This cordless drill is ideal to take any job site.
• It only takes ten minutes for a full quick charge.
• This tool can be powered by Makita 18V LXT and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection included.
• These drivers produce a lot of torque for driving larger screws.
• The charger’s built-in cooling fan maintains the battery packs cool while charging and also allows faster charging.
• These drills provide reliable control and have a very sensitive trigger.
• The drill and impact driver feel great in your hand.
• The brushless motor is really efficient, which leads to an almost 50% improvement of battery life.
• The brushless motor will keep things cool and this is really important because keeping the kit cool will avoid damage inside.
• These drills are very powerful and capable of very high torques, and would be overkill for smaller projects.
Features of the Milwaukee drill combo kit:
POWERSTATE Brushless Motor
The drill comes with a sturdy brushless motor that is able to deliver 1200 in. lbs. for increased drilling speeds. The drill also provides 1800 in. lbs. f fastening torque for enhanced driving speeds.
REDLITHIUM XC 5.0Ah batteries
The REDLITHIUM XC 5.0Ah batteries offer powerful performance. The REDLITHIUM battery technology provides superior pack construction, performance, and electronics in order to deliver the users exceptional work per charge and work over the pack life.
The drill provides high control, and it’s a comfortable drill to hold while you are working with it.
Extended battery life
The Milwaukee 2897-22 M18 Fuel tools provide extended battery life so you won’t have to charge them very often.
• The tools provide excellent control over both power and speed thanks to the 4-mode Drive Control.
• The M18 features the most advanced cordless technology available.
• The tools provide extended motor life, more power and also more run time. Compared to other similar models.
• Both units provide increased power.
• The tools feel great in your hands.
• The battery charges really quickly.
• The hammer drill features a 2-speed motor, and the impact driver comes with a 3-speed motor with four driving settings.
• The impact driver is lightweight and installing the 5.0 amp hour battery creates a well-balanced tool.
• The vibration that made its way to my hand on the hammer drill when it is not in the hammer-drilling mode was a bit unpleasant at least until I got used to it. Otherwise, it is a great tool.
Features of the Dewalt drill combo kit:
Automatically adjust voltage
This is the world’s first battery that automatically changes voltage whenever you switch tools.
The hammer drill provides high performance, and it has three speeds. The impact driver offers 1825 in. lbs. of max torque and 0-3600 impacts per minute.
No-memory and no self-discharge
The battery has no memory and virtually no self-discharge for increased productivity and less downtime.
The FLEXVOLT battery’s ability to automatically change between two voltage provides you a significant advantage when it comes to efficiency. This battery not only powers the tool, but it also improved the run-time.
• It comes with a highly innovative voltage-changing battery.
• The driver and the drill do their job great.
• These tools are perfect for serious driving and drilling.
• The pack comes with a fast charger.
• The tools are high-quality, and they are also a profitable combo.
• The battery life is excellent, and the power is everything you need.
• The fans on the charger are a quite loud, but this is not something that directly affects the tool.
My top recommendation for the best cordless drill is the Makita XT269M 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 2-Pc. Combo Kit due to its robust set of handy and high-quality features. The brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize the battery life, and this is probably one of the essential advantages. The brushless motor runs cooler, and this means greater efficiency as well as a longer lifespan. Overall, this is a premium quality drill combo kit and if you are not worried about the budget, and you are only concerned about the product’s quality, this will be your best choice. This drill combo kit is Amazon Prime eligible, so you can get it shipped to your house in only 2 days. You can order it from Amazon here.